A safe trading broker must be licensed or regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Keep reading below to find the best FCA-regulated trading brokers in the UK. From our extensive research, we believe that they are the best choices if you want to trade safely.
In this guide
The Best FCA Regulated Trading Brokers in the UK
- Compare FCA Regulated Trading Brokers in the UK
- 1. IG Markets - Overall Best FCA Regulated Trading Broker in the UK
- 2. CMC Markets - UK FCA Regulated Trading Broker with the Low Minimum Deposit
- 3. eToro - Best UK FCA Regulated Trading Broker that Accepts PayPal
- 4. AvaTrade - Low-Cost FCA Regulated Trading Broker in the UK
- 5. Forex.com - Best FCA Regulated Forex Broker
- 6. Interactive Brokers - Best FCA Regulated Stock Broker
- 7. Plus500 - Best FCA Regulated Broker for CFD Trading
- What is the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)?
- How to Choose the Right FCA Regulated Trading Broker in the UK
How we test?
Our test process is really based on two different aspects: our independent tests and research, as well as user reviews from Google Play, the App Store, and Trustpilot, etc.
The first thing we do when testing is to check every detail and test every tool and instrument. Our experts spend more than 200 hours on every article. We pay special attention to the specific function or the criteria that we’re comparing during the comparing stage. This means that we must determine which broker is more suited for beginners, and which is better suited for experts, for example. Find out more about our test process here.
Compare FCA Regulated Trading Brokers in the UK
Before listing any broker as the best in a specific category, we compare them based on security, trading platforms, market assets, and commissions/fees. We also review user feedback about their experience with the brokers on Google Play, Trustpilot, and the App Store. Below are our summarised ratings.
1. IG Markets - Overall Best FCA Regulated Trading Broker in the UK
IG Markets delivers to its traders exceptional trading resources in the industry. Since its inception in the 1970s, the giant global broker has managed to maneuver its way to becoming one of the most celebrated FCA brokers.
IG Markets is based in the UK, which makes it an even better choice for you. You will trade using either its award-winning platform or get connected to third-party platforms like the MetaTrader 4 and L-2 Dealer.
- World-recognised trading platforms.
- Thousands of trading instruments.
- Advanced market analysis tools.
- High trading commissions/fees.
2. CMC Markets - UK FCA Regulated Trading Broker with the Low Minimum Deposit
CMC Markets is also located in the UK and is one of the famous pioneer global FCA brokers offering CFD trading, forex, and spread betting. It lets you in on its plethora of instruments, including over 300 currency pairs.
CMC Markets has extensive research tools that you are free to use and analyse the markets. The broker also charges a relatively low spread on forex and zero minimum deposit requirement. Therefore, if you were hesitant to start your trading venture, maybe you should try CMC Markets.
- Ultra-modern research tools.
- Plenty of market assets.
- Intuitive design platforms.
- Five days a week customer service.
3. eToro - Best UK FCA Regulated Trading Broker that Accepts PayPal
Although eToro is an Israel-based broker, it is prevalent and famous in the UK because of the services that keep the traders attached. One of the impressive things about eToro is the free trading commissions for stock trading. You also have the platform to connect with other traders and copy their trades where you see an opportunity.
All the payment methods you could think of are available on eToro, such as Credit cards, bank transfers, and e-wallets like PayPal and Neteller. Through their extensive research findings, our team of experts believes that it should be your first choice when looking for a PayPal broker.
- Easy-to-use platform.
- Social trading feature.
- $200 minimum deposit, which is considered high by most traders.
4. AvaTrade - Low-Cost FCA Regulated Trading Broker in the UK
AvaTrade is an Ireland broker with an excellent global reputation, including in the UK. It is a perfect choice for budget-conscious traders looking for a forex or CFD broker.
The minimum amount of money that AvaTrade requires you to deposit is $100, which is low if you compare to other brokers’ requirements. Trading commissions are also low. Additionally, you will enjoy your experience on its user-friendly and modern design platform that is also packed with upgraded educational and research tools.
- Massive selection of assets.
- Low trading costs.
- Well-designed platforms that work seamlessly, even on mobile devices.
- Specialises in forex, and CFD trading only.