CFD trading apps are the best tools that every UK trader needs to stay abreast with the latest market trends. Our comprehensive guide on the seven best CFD trading apps in the UK will provide you with the best apps and guide you on choosing the one that is suitable for you.
Note that these CFD apps are provided by brokers regulated by the FCA. Some of them have other world-renowned authorities overseeing their activities in various jurisdictions, which makes them even more credible. So, let’s begin.
In this guide
Best CFD Trading Apps in the UK 2021
- Compare CFD Trading Apps in the UK
- 1. Plus500 – Overall Best CFD Trading App in the UK
- 2. AvaTrade – The Best Trading App for Beginning CFD Traders
- 3. IG Markets – The Best CFD Trading App for Advanced Traders
- 4. CMC Markets – UK CFD Trading App with 0% Commission
- 5. eToro – Most Trusted CFD Trading App in the UK
- 6. Pepperstone – Best CFD Trading App for Android
- 7. Skilling – Best CFD Trading App for iOS
How we test?
Our test process is really based on two different aspects: our independent tests and research, as well as user reviews from Google Play, the App Store, and Trustpilot, etc.
The first thing we do when testing is to check every detail and test every tool and instrument. Our experts spend more than 200 hours on every article. We pay special attention to the specific function or the criteria that we’re comparing during the comparing stage. This means that we must determine which broker is more suited for beginners, and which is better suited for experts, for example. Find out more about our test process here.
Compare CFD Trading Apps in the UK
We must admit that comparing CFD trading apps in the UK is not an easy task. The procedure is time-consuming, but we ensure that the findings are accurate and conclusive. Our team considers various metrics such as:
We prefer turning all the tables during our research. That is why we also review user opinions. Although we can’t go through all the comments from Google Play, Trustpilot, and the App Store, we sample a few, which give us the results we need. Below are our experts’ ratings from user comments.
1. Plus500 - Overall Best CFD Trading App in the UK
It is also an app that low-budget traders will find interesting to use. This is because trading fees are zero, even though it charges spread. The minimum deposit amount required to start trading is also £100, which most UK traders consider low.
- Various assets for CFD trading, including forex, shares, and commodities.
- User-friendly CFD trading platform.
- Customer service is available anytime, any day.
- No third-party trading platform such as MT4, MT5, etc.
2. AvaTrade - The Best Trading App for Beginning CFD Traders
AvaTrade (AvaTradeGO) is a beginner-friendly trading app because of its modern design and easy-to-use platform. It is regulated across six jurisdictions, meaning that your trading funds are safe with this app.
Beginners need to try various CFD instruments before venturing into actual CFD trading. AvaTrade offers CFD in forex, shares, commodities, indices, and more. It also offers protection against losses with its AvaProtect order type.
- Plenty of materials for learning and research.
- User-friendly CFD platform.
- Free deposits and withdrawals.
- High inactivity charges.
3. IG Markets - The Best CFD Trading App for Advanced Traders
We understand that advanced traders are looking for trading apps that offer more advanced tools. Whether it’s technical indicators or trading robots, IG Markets is your best option.
There are many advanced features for you on this app’s platform, such as the L-2 Dealer platform that gives you direct market access to an assets dark pool hence assume complete control of your activities.
- MT4 CFD trading platform.
- Over 17,000 CFD markets to trade.
- Plethora of research tools
- High CFD trading charges.
4. CMC Markets - UK CFD Trading App with 0% Commission
Budget-conscious UK traders will enjoy trading on CMC Markets not just because of its modern and customisable platform but because the trading fees are zero. You will never incur trading costs while trading CFDs here. The app will only charge you spreads ranging from 0.7 pips.
The app has different platforms for different types of traders. Also, you do not need to make a specific amount of deposit to begin venturing. This means that any amount you can afford can get you started on CMC Markets, which you will also transact for free.
- MT4 trading platform.
- No deposit charges.
- Great research tools.
- Customer support is five days a week.
5. eToro - Most Trusted CFD Trading App in the UK
eToro is trusted for CFD trading because of various reasons. First, it has a user-friendly CFD platform that provides a wide range of CFD assets. Secondly, the app provides the CopyTrader platform for following and copying experts’ trades.
Lastly, eToro CFD fees are low, with spreads starting from one pip. It also has risk management tools to protect your CFD investments. The demo account on its app is also loaded with £100,000 virtual funds for testing the broker.