Buying and selling of Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs) have risen in popularity in the UK. This is mainly because trading ETFs is cost-effective, and you get to diversify your portfolio across a wide range of assets. In order to potentially attract returns, investing in a good ETF broker in the UK is the best option.
Below are our best picks for ETF brokers in the UK. So whether you are looking for a low-cost broker or one with diverse offerings, we’ve got you covered.
In this guide
Top 6 Best ETF Brokers in the UK 2021
- 1. Saxo Markets – Best Overall ETF Broker in the UK
- 2. FreeTrade – Best ETF Broker for Beginners in the UK
- 3. IG Markets – Cheapest ETF Broker in the UK
- 4. Interactive Brokers – ETF Broker with the Lowest Spreads
- 5. AJ Bell – ETF Broker with the Best Customer Support
- 6. Hargreaves Lansdown – Best ETF Investment Broker
How we test?
Our test process is really based on two different aspects: our independent tests and research, as well as user reviews from Google Play, the App Store, and Trustpilot, etc.
The first thing we do when testing is to check every detail and test every tool and instrument. Our experts spend more than 200 hours on every article. We pay special attention to the specific function or the criteria that we’re comparing during the comparing stage. This means that we must determine which broker is more suited for beginners, and which is better suited for experts, for example. Find out more about our test process here.
Compare Best ETF Brokers in the UK
Our team research in determining the best ETF brokers in the UK was driven by our readers’ goals and requirements. We looked into what will complement your interests, such as security, charges offered, reliability, and more.
Our researchers also included over 160k user reviews from Google Play, App Store, and Trustpilot. We then rated the best ETF brokers and listed them here for you. See the table below with a sample of our ratings.
1. Saxo Markets - Best Overall ETF Broker in the UK
Trading with Saxo Markets gives you access to over 3,000 instruments across more than 30 global markets. The pricing at Saxo Markets is low, which is best for any trader trying to diversify their portfolio.
Additionally, this Exchange-Traded funds (ETF) broker has a SaxoTraderGo platform that is more powerful yet user-friendly. Here, you will access quality trading resources and customer service that is reliable and reputable. There are also different trading accounts that each trader needs to trade ETFs seamlessly.
- Competitive ETF pricing.
- Over 3,000 ETFs.
- Modern design and user-friendly platform.
- SaxoTraderPRO with more advanced features for expert traders.
- No MetaTrader 4 platform.
2. FreeTrade - Best ETF Broker for Beginners in the UK
Newbies can start their trading venture with FreeTrade because of its easy-to-use ETF trading platform. It allows you to choose from more than 200 ETFs without incurring trading commission which lets you explore diverse markets.
FreeTrade also has a reliable trading app for beginners on the move. Any mobile device is compatible with this app, so make sure you install it to enjoy your activities wherever you may be. In addition, the customer service has proven to be very helpful. Therefore, anytime you have a trading issue, feel free to reach out via phone call, email, or live chat.
- Free ETF trading, which beginners can take advantage of and try many ETF instruments.
- Reliable trading app that is suitable for iOS, Android, and Windows mobile devices.
- +200 ETFs on global markets, including stock exchanges and index funds.
- No desktop or web trading platform.
- Limited trading and research tools.
3. IG Markets - Cheapest ETF Broker in the UK
IG Markets has a modern design ETF trading platform that supports many trading tools, including a smart portfolio that connects you with experts to manage your activities. It is also the cheapest when it comes to ETF trading in the UK, with commissions that go as low as £3 per ETF trade.
- +2,000 ETF assets.
- Low ETF charges.
- Excellent user interface design.
- £250 minimum deposit.
4. Interactive Brokers - ETF Broker with the Lowest Spreads
Expert traders greatly benefit from Interactive brokers’ trading tools and diverse ETF instruments. However, novice traders can also take advantage of this ETF broker’s low spreads and explore their trading options.
- Access to thousands of ETF assets.
- World-class trading platform.
- Improvised screening options.
- Seamless performance on all mobile devices.
- No fixed spread trading account.
5. AJ Bell - ETF Broker with the Best Customer Support
AJ Bell is an award-winning platform known to have the best customer support when it comes to ETF trading in the UK. It also offers thousands of ETF assets to get you started, and frequent investors get to enjoy various incentives AJ Bell provides from time to time.
There are different trading accounts on AJ Bell to suit all kinds of traders. The broker also boasts of having one of the excellent ETF platforms that will keep you glued to your activities.
- Low fees.
- Excellent customer service that is available 24 hours, five days a week.
- Zero minimum deposit requirement.
- Limited research resources.
6. Hargreaves Lansdown - Best ETF Investment Broker
Hargreaves Lansdown has a wide array of ETF instruments that both novice and expert investors will benefit from. In addition, it provides traders with lots of trading information, including investment ideas. That is why we believe it is the best for ETF investment individuals.
Trading charges of Hargreaves Lansdown are low, especially those listed under “best buys”. It also does not limit your investment options, so you can invest as much as you can manage.