The easiest way to sell and buy global shares in the UK is through an online share dealing platform. If you are here looking for one to start your investment venture, then we’ve got you covered.
Below are the best share dealing platforms in the UK that have been thoroughly researched. Therefore, we advise you to choose based on your trading priorities.
In this guide
Best Share Dealing Platforms in the UK 2021
- 1. Interactive Brokers – Best Overall Share Dealing Platform in the UK
- 2. eToro – Best Share Dealing Platform for Social and Copy Trading in the UK
- 3. CMC Markets – Commission Free Share Dealing Platform in the UK
- 4. Hargreaves Lansdown – Most Trusted Share Dealing Platform in the UK
- 5. DeGiro – Best Share Dealing Platform for Beginners in the UK
- 6. IG Markets – Share Dealing Platform for CFD in the UK
How we test?
Our test process is really based on two different aspects: our independent tests and research, as well as user reviews from Google Play, the App Store, and Trustpilot, etc.
The first thing we do when testing is to check every detail and test every tool and instrument. Our experts spend more than 200 hours on every article. We pay special attention to the specific function or the criteria that we’re comparing during the comparing stage. This means that we must determine which broker is more suited for beginners, and which is better suited for experts, for example. Find out more about our test process here.
Compare the Best Share Dealing Platforms in the UK
Before recommending any share dealing platform in the UK, our team of experts compares them. We try to test as many platforms as possible to make sure we get accurate and conclusive results. We compare them based on credibility, offerings, commissions/fees, and demo accounts.
We also go through user reviews from Trustpilot, the App Store, and Google Play. The findings from these two processes determine which share dealing platforms make it to our recommendations list. That said, below is a brief overview of our ratings from user reviews.
When researching the best share dealing platforms in the UK, we put a lot of emphasis on the following metrics:
1. Interactive Brokers - Best Overall Share Dealing Platform in the UK
This award-winning share dealing platform hosts a pool of trading instruments and connects you to many global share markets. It is also one of the share dealing platforms with low commissions across global markets.
Interactive Brokers is a world-class platform. With advanced tools included, share dealers can have access to more than 100 order types and automated tools for mitigating risks and improving your overall share dealing experience. It’s a perfect choice for all traders regardless of experience.
- Access to more than 130 share markets.
- Many advanced dealing tools.
- +100 order types and Algorithmics for improved dealing.
- IBKR pro account charges inactivity fees.
2. eToro - Best Share Dealing Platform for Social and Copy Trading in the UK
Share dealing on eToro has been made easy, especially for newbies. This platform connects you to many share dealers, and you have the option to follow the most experienced ones. What’s more interesting about this share dealing platform is that you get to copy the positions of the experts you feel have a high chance of earning profits.
Share dealing doesn't have to be less interesting. That is why eToro also connects you to its social platform, where you get to meet other dealers and share ideas for better decisions. No one is limited from accessing this platform so feel free to take advantage of it.
- 0% commissions on buying shares.
- Share dealing volume is not limited.
- Free social and copy features for a better experience.
- Limited share dealing tools.
3. CMC Markets - Commission Free Share Dealing Platform in the UK
CMC Markets not only connects you to the local share markets but it allows you to diversify your portfolio and access more than 15 international markets. This platform lets you trade on over 9,400 global shares, where you also have the option to deal with share CFDs.
Dealing shares using CMC Markets’ platform is commission-free. This mainly applies when you trade on the UK, US, Japanese, and Canadian markets. However, you will incur spreads, which we guarantee are also among the lowest in the industry. You will also have an exceptional trading experience on this platform because CMC Markets supports you with top-notch research and learning materials.
- Access to +9,400 global shares.
- Free share dealing on the UK, US, Canadian, and Japanese markets.
- High-quality share trading tools.
- Share CFD commissions are high.
4. Hargreaves Lansdown - Most Trusted Share Dealing Platform in the UK
Hargreaves Lansdown hosts millions of share dealing traders, who to date are still enjoying the benefits it has to offer. This platform is flexible for buying, selling, and holding shares. There is no limited time to deal, and you can manage your activities anytime you see fit.
The more you deal on Hargreaves Lansdown, the less commission you incur. It has excellent educational and research tools to make your dealing experience worthwhile. What more, it offers financial advisory services to novice and expert dealers alike.
- Trusted by millions of share dealers.
- Long track record and heavily monitored by the FCA.
- Thousands of shares on more than 23 global markets.
- High share dealing commission and fees.
5. DeGiro - Best Share Dealing Platform for Beginners in the UK
We will recommend DeGiro to beginners for share dealing any day, anytime. This is because it has a comprehensive trading platform with low share dealing fees, which is perfect for beginners who are unwilling to risk a lot of funds before familiarising themselves with how the platform works.
DeGiro’s share dealing platform is also easy to use, and they are very transparent with their offerings. Additionally, it connects you to local and international share markets where you can trade any time of the day. Beginners can also quickly improve their trading skills with the research and educational materials this platform offers.
- Low share dealing commission/fees.
- User-friendly share dealing platform.
- Fast account opening procedure.
- Limited learning and research tools.
6. IG Markets - Share Dealing Platform for CFD in the UK
IG Markets is hands down the best share dealing platform for CFD trading in the UK because it hosts a plethora of CFD instruments to trade with. You get access to many global markets, including over 70 stocks in the US markets. Its CFD share dealing costs are also relatively low in all financial markets.
If you are a CFD trader, IG Markets provides all the resources that you might need in your trading activities. This includes stop-loss orders, technical tools and indicators, Reuters news feed, educational materials, and more.