If you want to try your luck with options trading, you will need the best options trading platform. Options trading can diversify your portfolio and earn your income if you are strategic enough. That is why we have recommended the best platforms for options trading so that you can have the best to choose from.
In this guide
Top 8 Best Options Trading Platforms in the UK 2021
- 1. IG Markets – Overall Best Options Trading Platform in the UK
- 2. Saxo Markets – Trading Platform with the Best Option Trading Tools
- 3. SpreadEx – Commission-Free Options Trading Platform
- 4. CMC Markets – Options Trading Platform with Low Minimum Deposit
- 5. Interactive Brokers – Most Trusted Options Trading Platform
- 6. Plus500 – Best Options Trading Platform for Mobile Traders
- 7. AvaTrade – Best Options Trading Platform for Beginners
- 8. Saxo Markets – Best Options Trading Platform for Expert Traders
How we test?
Our test process is really based on two different aspects: our independent tests and research, as well as user reviews from Google Play, the App Store, and Trustpilot, etc.
The first thing we do when testing is to check every detail and test every tool and instrument. Our experts spend more than 200 hours on every article. We pay special attention to the specific function or the criteria that we’re comparing during the comparing stage. This means that we must determine which broker is more suited for beginners, and which is better suited for experts, for example. Find out more about our test process here.
Compare Options Trading Platforms in the UK
It took our trained experts hundreds of hours to get the best options trading platforms in the UK. We based our tests on usability, which includes options chains, options analysis, and managing options positions.
Additionally, we included user reviews on options trading platforms and sampled up to 160k user comments on Google Play, App Store, and Trustpilot. Here is how we rated them.
1. IG Markets - Overall Best Options Trading Platform in the UK
IG Markets allows you to trade options on volatility across its wide range of market offerings, including forex, shares, commodities, and more. Since it is known as the world's biggest CFD broker, you can also enjoy options trading using CFD on its platform.
It’s been over 40 decades since IG Markets opened its doors to traders. This long track record makes it a secure platform for your funds. Its execution speed is also fast and allows you to trade with over 17,000 global instruments.
- Modern design trading platform.
- Advanced tools, including charts and automated trading features.
- Allows hedging strategy to minimise risks.
- Relatively high trading costs.
2. Saxo Markets - Trading Platform with the Best Option Trading Tools
Saxo Markets lists more than 1,200 options on over 20 global exchanges. Options trading on its platform can either be on forex, shares, indices, commodities and more. In addition, the platform hosts robust option trading tools, including combination order ticket features and one-click trading.
Saxo Markets has low options trading commissions, making it an option for low-budget traders. Its modern design platform allows traders to have an excellent experience. Additionally, this options trading platform has SaxoStrats analysts to assist traders with analysing the markets.
- Wide range of options trading tools.
- Puts and calls on over 40 forex options.
- Innovative risk management tools.
- No third party MetaTrader platforms.
3. SpreadEx - Commission-Free Options Trading Platform
SpreadEx has been around for over 20 years. It adapts to the changing technology and offers traders one of the best options trading platforms in the UK. This platform benefits from spreads, meaning that it is a commission-free options trading platform.
SpreadEx also allows CFD options trading. It also has excellent customer service that is reliable 24 hours every day across various channels. The platform is user-friendly with adequate research and learning tools.
- Low spreads.
- Easy-to-use platform.
- 24/7 customer service.
- Limited research and educational tools.
- No demo account.
4. CMC Markets - Options Trading Platform with Low Minimum Deposit
CMC Markets options trading platform suits all traders because of its advanced features. It has various tools to assist you in strategising and executing your trades. It also has customisable features to complement your requirements.
CMC Markets is one of the options trading brokers that do not charge a minimum deposit for you to start trading. This means that with as little as £10, you can be able to get started with options trading. On the flip side, this options platform does not allow CFD trading on options.
- Advanced options analysis tools.
- Multi-leg options orders that allow you to take complete control of your activities.
- Fully integrated platform.
- No CFDs on options trading.
5. Interactive Brokers - Most Trusted Options Trading Platform
The majority of UK traders trust Interactive Brokers because it has been around for over four decades. It hosts many active and advanced traders and provides robust advanced tools that will help you trade successfully. For example, the OptionTrader platform provides market data to help you create and manage your options orders.
Options trading on this platform is cost-effective, and you do not need to pay a minimum deposit. Buying a call or put option is also straightforward with low costs. In addition, there are plenty of options research tools to help you explore option contracts.
- Advanced trading platform for expert traders.
- Different pricing structures for active and inactive traders.
- Diverse investment selection.
- The advanced platform can be challenging to navigate for beginners.
6. Plus500 - Best Options Trading Platform for Mobile Traders
Trading options on Plus500 is straightforward with its proprietary platform. As a result, it is the most preferred platform for mobile use in the UK and globally. It has even earned the best ratings for mobile trading on Google Play and App Store.
Plus500 CFD options trading is commission-free, and you will only incur spreads. It also allows volatility trading and has reliable customer service available 24/7.
- User-friendly platform.
- Zero commissions.
- Fast execution on mobile devices.
- Limited asset range for options trading.
7. AvaTrade - Best Options Trading Platform for Beginners
Trading options for beginners on AvaTrade comes with competitive pricing. It has an AvaOptions platform that will help you create and manage trading risks. AvaOptions offers more than 40 currency pairs with a combination of call and put options in a single platform. With AvaOptions, you gain total control of your activities.
AvaTrade platform has a customisable interface. You can also view all risks and execute the multi-leg strategy efficiently.